Peace by Chocolate will hire 50 refugees at its facilities across Canada. In addition, we will provide mentorship and guidance to 10 refugee startups to develop their business. We will also provide help for refugee businesses to access new markets through our distribution and retailing networks.
As a company founded by refugees, we are committed for the following:
- Recruitment: We will actively recruit and consider qualified refugees for open positions within our company, and will provide training and support to help them succeed in their roles.
- Employee Assistance: We will provide resources and support to help our refugee employees navigate the challenges they may face, such as language barriers or cultural differences.
- Community Outreach: We will partner with local organizations that support refugees and will volunteer our time and resources to assist in their efforts.
- Diversity and Inclusion: We will continue to foster a culture of diversity and inclusion within our company, and will work to create an environment where all employees feel respected and valued.
- Compliance: We will comply with all applicable laws and regulations related to the employment of refugees, including those related to documentation and verification.
- Review: Our refugee support policy will be reviewed and updated on an annual basis to ensure that it remains effective and responsive to the changing needs of our refugee employees and the community.
- Clarity: Peace by Chocolate doesn't have the legal or logistical capacity to sponsor refugee families immigration application, and we advise families seeking sponsorship to visit IRCC Canada sites for most up to date information.
If you have any questions regarding this commitment, please contact us. For applicants, please use the form below.