Your cart is currently empty
Join our team: We are looking for a Financial Controller
As a member of the Peace by Chocolate management team, the Controller will be responsible for all financial matters. The Controller will be required to provide financial reporting to the management team on a monthly and quarterly basis including investment advising, efficiency improvements and cost savings.
The duties of the Financial Controller include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the annual budget, income statements, cash flow,
- Manage cash flow, accounts receivable and accounts payable,
- Financial reporting and financial analysis,
- Investment advising and month end reviews,
- Payroll functions,
- Government reporting and payments,
- Reconciling and reviewing bank accounts,
- Report on efficiencies and cost savings,
- Management of third party accountant (review of engagement and notice to read),
- Internal auditing: inventory / shipping and receiving, forecasting
- Special projects and strategic planning
- Hadhad personal taxes and accounting support to family,
- Communicating financial matters to the management team,
- General tasks and other duties as required.
Requirements and Personal Attributes:
- Post-secondary degree with a major in accounting or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years experience in accounting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite with exceptional skills in excel.
- Business and financial acumen, excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail, planning / organizing and proactive problem solver.
- Highly motivated, team player and leadership effectiveness skills,
- Accounting designation preferred.
- Travel may be required.
- Valid WHMIS certification preferred.
- Week-ends, early morning and late evening hours from time to time.
Employment Equity Statement
Peace By Chocolate is committed to equity in its policies and practices. We support diversity in our work environment and we ensure that applications for members of underrepresented groups are seriously considered. All qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of Peace By Chocolate are encouraged to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- accounting: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
- CPA (Preferred)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.